Sunday 14 September 2014

Welcome to my home!

Welcome to my new blog. I have been blogging for a few years over at Sister's Closet. However, I lost my mojo. I took a hiatus and had a think about why I had hit a dead end. I eventually realised that my interests were more diverse now. Sister's Closet was started simply to share tips on Plus Size fashion. However, my interests have now broadened. Rather than overhaul my previous blog, I decided to start fresh.

Here at Home Utopia I want to share the things that make my home my own personal Utopia. I want to explore my home itself, and share any developments I make along the way. I also want to share the goings on in my home. The recipes I make, the craft I do, the clothing I wear and the activities I do with my Children.

I have already started on a very exciting update on my home. We repaired the inside, and my first few posts I want to explore the process that I took to successfully repaint the inside. I am now redecorating as well, and will be excited to share with you my purchases, as well as the thought that goes into making some purchases.

I am an avid cook, and the proud owner of a Thermomix, so I also plan on sharing the recipes that I love to make along the way.

For the last few years I have participated in Aussie Curves. It is a brilliant initiative started by Blogger Dani from Danimezza. Weekly challenges are issued that encourage curvy ladies to dress up and share their fashion. It has been a brilliant community to take part in, as many plus size women have found new found confidence and clothing styles along the way. I plan on still participating in the Aussie Curves challenges and sharing my own style on here.

Being a Mother, I am also a big believer that 'It takes a village'. I use the Internet as part of my 'village' to help raise my children, and I would like to contribute by sharing any activities or wisdom I come across along the way.

So, Welcome to my virtual home. Make yourself comfortable, help yourself to a cuppa and feel free to call in at any time!


No comments:

Post a Comment